News and notes from the progressive blogosphere:
- “Your corporate welfare system strikes again”: The Pennsylvania Progressive has a solid take on the Bear Sterns bail-out:
You got screwed by unscrupulous mortgage brokers and crooked appraisers, by hedge funds speculating on packaged mortgages and a few Congresses and a President who refused to regulate these markets.
- TPM Mucracker breaks down the “most disastrous decision” of the Iraq War, assuming you don’t count the one that started the war in the first place.
- Bill Kristol gets it wrong again (as if advocating for the most historic blunder in US history wasn’t bad enough). The bigger question is why the NY Times gave this guy and his bankrupt neoconservative ideology a platform in which to blunder from in the first place.
- Clinton has a super delegate problem: So why is she “willing to have Obama as her VP” when she’s losing the race?
- Finally, if you haven’t seen it, Keith Olbermann makes like Edward R. Murrow with a pointed, reasoned, impassioned blast at Hillary Clinton:
“Senator, you are now campaigning as if Barack Obama were the Democrat, and you… were the Republican”. Crooks and Liars has the video and transcript.
March 17, 2008 | Filed Under Political |